Stone veneer really makes a house stand out. It gives the home instant curb appeal and beauty. However, you may find at times that you want to clean your siding and if you have stone veneer siding, you want to take some care in that process. We wanted to share with you how to clean the siding, and, additionally what you should do to protect it and keep it looking tip top.
Cleaning Stone Veneer Siding
Stone veneer can be damaged by using cleaning chemicals and extra precaution should be utilized when cleaning it. Here is how to clean:
- Fill a bucket with warm water. Add a small amount of vinegar or dish soap to the water.
- Using a soft sponge, scrub the stone lightly with the solution.
- Be sure to rinse the sponge often to prevent rubbing dirt back onto the siding.
- Once you’ve completed that, rinse with fresh water from your garden hose. This will ensure there is no soap residue left on it.
Keeping your stone siding clean can help preserve its beauty and the longevity of the product.
Just note, there are some items you do not want to use when cleaning. Avoid using wire brushes, pressure sprayers and acid-based cleaners.
Protecting Your Stone Veneer Siding
There are a few things you want to do to protect it to help keep the longevity of it.
- Perform regular inspections to look for damaged or loose stones. If you find issues, have it taken care of right away. We recommend doing this at least one a year and any time after a strong storm.
- Have your stone veneer repointed every so often. Repointing is a way to remove any damaged or weakened mortar joints. By doing this every so often, you are catching any issues early and having them taken care of right away. Here at A Stone’s Throw, we can handle your repointing needs.
We hope you love your stone veneer siding and with these tips you can keep it looking as beautiful as the first day you saw it completed! If you’re thinking about having stone veneer siding installed, give us a call today!
A Stone’s Throw, LLC creates beautiful hardscaping projects for individuals around the Leesport PA, Wyomissing PA, and Hamburg PA area. We strive to create your beautiful outdoor oasis!